View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014, 08:02 PM   #7
fannibalswtnv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Ligeia View Post
I hate uniforms. I find them to be so encumbering and dehumanizing.

One of my good friends is a cosmotologist. She claims that dying your hair jet black or blue black is actually worse for your hair than bleaching it. Thus, she recommended to me that if I wanted black hair, I go for shades which coincide with "darkest brown" and such. I tried it and was shocked to find that it really did look black! It wasn't that desirous shade of jet black, but it was damn close and most people couldn't differentiate the shades, evidenced by how I was still constantly referred to as having black hair. I think it's very odd that they won't let you have black hair, though. I know that within these past two years, I've noticed a HUGE influx of people with jet black or blue black hair. As in, people who don't have any affiliation with any alternative cultures and such have been dying their hair black so that jagged stick up your employer's ass is really pointless.

Upon further contemplation, I realize that even black nail polish has become increasingly popular and contrary to the majority of previous years, people aside from my friends, self and other people beyond the lamestream culture paint their nails black. I've even seen middle-aged women and other more stereotypically "conservative" crowds donning black nails. This leads me to believe that black nail polish is losing its edge and thus, painting your nails black should be fine.

Good luck!
I actually really want violet black hair, but it looks like that won't be happening until next year. I'm just taking this job for one year so I have something to put down on an application when I'm old enough to be hired in places I actually want to work. I do have dark brown hair, but unfortunately not dark enough. I dye it with "darkest brown" and it comes out regular brown. But my hair doesn't hold dye too well, so that's probably why. It looks great for the first day or two, though. Maybe I'll go get it done, or I'll try to buy the dye that they use in the salon. And it specifically says no nail polish, so probably not :/ Thank goodness this is only for the summer and a few months before and after...
fannibalswtnv is offline   Reply With Quote