View Single Post
Old 08-26-2020, 08:25 PM   #160
TrivialMorose

Putin mentioned and there's a man on the moon

Last night,

I was going to boil eggs for breakfast. I'd switched on a hotplate and waited for the water to start boiling, but then it turned out I'd switched on the wrong plate. Very wrong, it actually heated the sink instead, and some barcode stickers that were in the sink melted, blackened and got stuck there.

Cursing, I switched on the correct plate, but there was no longer a kettle on it. Instead of eggs, I was now making tea, and not by boiling water in a kettle. The plan was to put the tea mugs with water in them directly on the hotplate.

My wife had bought a new, fancy looking mug (more of a cup, really) with a black, crystal-like foot and some embossed grapes on the mug itself. When I was going to put it on the hotplate, I noticed the foot was plastic. Luckily, that was detachable, but then I noticed that it was actually the whole mug that was plastic. I informed the wife of this, and she was very disappointed, she had bought that mug especially to use it for drinking tea.

Then I came up with the revolutionary idea, that it could still be used if we don't put it directly on the hotplate, but instead we could just pour in the already boiling water from the kettle with the eggs in it, which had randomly reappeared. But she was already too disheartened, especially because she also somehow already had a fried egg on her plate, when she wanted it boiled. I said it was no problem, that she could still have the boiled eggs instead, I'd have the fried one. But she would have none of it any longer, she rage quitted, saying fuck both the breakfast and the tea, she'll only eat at work.

I poured the water from the eggs into my own mug.

Then the dream shifted into a scene with an astronaut, sitting alone in the empty landscape of the moon, holding both of the two mugs (or rather a mug and a cup) in his thickly gloved, space-suit hands. Both the mug and the cup had tea in them.

Also, somewhere in the dream there was a scene where I was making a post here on GNet, in which I mentioned something about the tea, as well as something about president Putin. But I can't recall much of anything about that.
TrivialMorose is offline   Reply With Quote