View Single Post
Old 01-18-2006, 11:56 AM   #2
Ben Lahnger

Large Amounts Of Food Stolen In Bizarre Restaurant Robberies

from the website of WFTV Channel 9 in Orlando, Florida (click above link for full story)

January 10, 2006

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Orlando police are investigating a couple of bizarre thefts involving food. Detectives said someone stole frozen chickens, ducks, and even a whole pig from two restaurants.

The case is rather unusual because of the large amount of food stolen. The most recent restaurant hit was along I-Drive near Kirkman. Police think the thieves may be stealing the stuff for someone else's restaurant business or store.

At Hong Kong Ton's on I-Drive, weeks later the criminals actually sawed through the galvanized steel, ripping out the insulation to get to the food. They made off with multiple trays of chicken and beef, 30 dozen eggs, boxes of shrimp and chicken thighs and 20 slabs of ribs. On top of that, they snatched 15 ducks, even a whole pig.

"It makes you kinda wonder, if somebody is stealing that large a quantity, I don't quite no anybody with a home freezer that large that can accommodate that much food that would keep it from spoiling," commented Sgt. Barbara Jones, Orlando Police Department.

That's why police think it's possible the thieves may be lifting the stuff to stock someone else's restaurant freezer or specialty grocery store.

HUNGRY?

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote