View Single Post
Old 01-09-2008, 11:21 AM   #17
Delkaetre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steppenwolf
...not all are wannabe killers or thiefs , there's some people who grew up in the heart of LA's guetto (meant a place called Inglewood) and this kids love their rap-hip hop music and clothes , were as proud as we are about our subculture , and they got a RIGHT to manifest themselves as long as they do it politely .

What about a goth playing the sisters at a library? what about a goth insulting other people and being rude , acting like an idiot?

(And then I had to abandon the kingdom of gnet ,as they understood I was an undercover "bro" X-) )
Hey, it's nice that you've met some who are well-mannered and aren't out to cause trouble.
We've just been unlucky. I've yet to encounter a pack of 'gangsta' kids who don't get aggressive at me or glare in a threatening manner. Being one skinny girl by myself most of the time, you can understand that I'm really not harbouring any love for that kind of thing.
If they want to do it politely, then more power to them- go right ahead. But politely means having a bit of respect for your fellow human and not just blaring out your music to the detriment of everyone else's hearing and thought processes.
I've never encountered a goth playing music out loud *anywhere* other than a club they're DJing at. But if you have, then my condolences on your misfortune. Goths that are publicly rude and/or idiotic are also things I've never encountered except very rarely as an exception. I've been barged past once or twice at clubs, but as I say- publicly rude goths really are the exception to the rule in my experience.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote