View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 08:20 PM   #4302
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhalla View Post
I'm taking up knitting so I can eventually make a Tom Baker scarf. Seems like a fun project.

After I get this color change thing down, I'll make my mom a Harry Potter scarf. Maybe also one for myself after that, depending on if I get bored of this new hobby quickly or not.

Then, after 3 or 4 practice scarves, it will be time to tackle the Doctor Who beast.

Any pointers from those of you who can knit would be appreciated.

Completely unrelated to knitting, my first final is tomorrow. I've been studying like mad and I think cuddling into bed and reading a book won't hurt. It's 12 the night before, there's not much else I can fit into my brain.
I know I won't get more than a 65 in the course. I've never had that happen to me before, and it was a source of intense anxiety for a while, but now I'm starting to accept that I don't have to get above 80 all the time.

Has anyone else found that high school didn't prepare them for university at all, or do we have a crappier education system than other places?
Knitting isn't so hard! There's like five different knitting groups around town, and a few knitting shops around will help you if you have trouble, like Wool Trends. I work at Michael's and I'll help if asked too, its just that not everyone there knits so its hard to guarantee someone can help at all times.

there's also a newfie group on ravelry.com, I'm not very active there but there's lots of nice patterns there. I also learned to knit from the Stitch N Bitch book, I tried learning tons of times before but couldn't stick with it until I got that book.

And yeah, I wasn't really prepared at all. I only had to put minimal effort into high school and graduated with honours, and it just doesn't fly in university.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote