*Picture taking
*Passport making
*Registering for Permanent Residenship
*Registering for Citizenship
*Citizenship Ceremony
welcome to america.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icarian decoding
No, because if merely stepping on the soil of the United States, someone's quality of life would go up, then I would be more tenacious in fighting for this position. My point is that once you are in the United States, you have the ability to do more, then in a poverty stricken country.
sure, which is exactly why we, the united states of america, welcome people from all lands onto our soil. it's also why we, the people of the united states of america, have a system for integrating said people into our culture.

you want out of yours (universal)? fine. follow the rules. don't come here and tell us, the people of the united states of america, how it's gonna go down your way and give the finger to our laws. cuz the whole lot of you (universal) arrogant mother-fuckers can kiss our american asses and have fun on your return trip home. i, for one, don't want my country turning into a smelly, third-world cesspool just because people want to come here and bring all their bullshit with them. i like having america as america. i don't want little-mexico or little-china or little-italy or little africa. you want that? go set it up in your own country. i'm the citizen here, not you (universal). this is my country, not yours (universal). deal with it.

that's my opinion.

Quote:
i think the "hiring metaphor" works very well for the framework you laid down, unless of course you feel that illegal aliens have a right to wander across the border just to suck at the teat of working class america, thusly thumbing their noses at the citizenry in a country they claim they want to be a part of.

I guess I am saying that.
now you're being honest and i have zero respect for anyone that wants to come here and leech off the people of my country. the money i earn should remain within my family's budget - not get funneled off to some fuckhead who comes here to drain both me and my country. someone who would come to this country and do that is not a man - he's a disgrace.

Quote:
That would inflict your point of views on how someone should be living their lives.
what? everything you've contended thus far admires others for inflicting their views and action upon the way americans live their lives. you're another anti-american kid, aren't you? you leave your country, come to america, finally have a voice and ouala - you open it to tear america down.

you can come here, but you still hate the country. for shame. well, at least you're another mainstream-type-of-kid. as long as you say you hate the american way, you'll have friends all over the world.

Quote:
For instance, if someone had "Legal" history, how do we know those charges are valid? The "Ties to Enemies or General Shitbaggery", would have to provide that you can both prove they are an enemy, and for what reason they are an enemy, along with knowing their intentions. Tax money for working Americans should be made to our lives better, I agree with this. But who is "Our", dare I ask? Is it the general population the United States, who actually work, as most illegal immigrants do, or is it those chosen few, who actually get the oppertunity to apply?
figuring out someone's background and history is the responsibility of the department of naturalization. some are accepted, some are not. that's the luck of the game, kid. it's not the responsibility of america to bring every unfortunate into our land. what will we have then? a bunch of people standing around inside a fallen country that's been drowned.

and as far as whose lives should be improved via the system of taxation in america - american citizens fall inside that category. period. an illegal immigrant deserves nothing, except deportation.

here's some paperwork and good bye.

Quote:
It's not racist, but it wastes your time, and drains your resources. The entitlement comes from the fact that when people say, "This land is our land", they are simply saying, "Ha ha, I have guns, you can't come here".
oh, it's been called racist and much more. listen to the liberals. they're out of their minds, tearing their hair out because they see potential democrats, all 28 million illegals, on the verge of being kicked out.

as far as resources drained - illegals drain more resources than government employees who are hired to do a certain job ever will. the MOST draining of the resources has to do with both illegal aliens inside this country AND government employees with a specific job to do, who don't do it - namely the INS.

and the problem absolutely IS that we DON'T protect our borders the way you just outlined. how wonderful it would be if we used our guns to protect the borders. but we don't. and it's a shame.

your arguments again point at america as being the bad seed, instead of pointing at the miscreants who take advantage of the beyond-generous lattitude this country has offered thus far to illegals.

Quote:
it's sad, really when you stop for a moment and think about it. people have become such pussies of late - the last 20 years or so. when they don't get what they want, right when they want it, they cry to whomever will listen and complain, complain, complain instead of doing what the rules say in order to get what they say they want.

Isn't that called the American dream?
no. the american dream historically was for americans who were born of meager means to have both the chance and opportunity to work for a better life.

it was extended to immigrants who came from other countries to become americans so they could have the same opportunities as those who were born here.

it had nothing to do with allowing people to sneak into the country while they ignored the laws and culture into which they'd come. that's not what the american dream was about, ever.

Quote:
But where does that end? When Country-X incorporates more people into it's country, doesn't it just become larger? Do not the rules simply become wider, or change in some form? The citizens have the right to vote, and they should, as laid down by the constitution. With that said, it is my belief that anyone who comes to America should also have that right.
those who come into the country, legally, become citizens and have a voice. they are then free to vote and make their voice heard about what they want in terms of america and american ways.

illegals don't have a voice.

according to your line of argument, if someone is visiting the country from lithuania, for example, during an election year - that visitor should have the ability to vote in the american election because he's here in america and should have a voice, which of course is absurd. where do we draw the line, in your opinion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by icarian decoder
the place to start is the office of integration and naturalization. once there, ask about how one becomes a citizen. learn english so you can understand the answer... and follow the rules.

The place you actually start, is at the border, where they give you six months to become a temporary permenant resident. As soon as you fail to do that, you're screwed.
even better. and yeah, if you fail to do what you're supposed to start doing in 6 mos., i'd say you're pretty much a lazy, good for nothing piece of shit who's likely come here, applied for and received some form of government benefit - i.e. - pulled money out of my paycheck.

good riddance.

Quote:
But, it's still an ideal we chase after, is it not? I understand why the world is so cruel, so, why can't we change it? I may lack experience, or I may just be looking at it from a different point of view.
no. it's an ideal bleeding hearts chase after. there's no "we" in your question.

your desire to allow illegal aliens to change american law is insanity and a self-destructive insanity at that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icarian decoder
How? How can they hurt the community
dropping property values. increase in crime, including gang activity. increasing population and draining resources without contributing. requiring special tutoring in school, disrupting the classroom.

Quote:
how can they hurt the people
increase in crime, including drug and gang activity. disrespect for the law.

Quote:
how can they hurt themselves by not learning the language?
showing up in hospitals and not being able to explain, in english, what's wrong. disrupting the classroom and keeping american children back, in essence, because they need special tutoring. getting taken advantage of by employers and others because they don't understand what's being said.

Quote:
Are they not just enriching the country with thier presence? I thought bringing in new ideals and people was a good thing.
enriching the country? are you kidding me? you gonna move a few of them into your home to enrich your life?

that might be the funniest thing i've read all night.