View Single Post
Old 11-28-2010, 12:33 PM   #73
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite View Post
I've also noticed that it's folly to try to be awesome at two combat skills right away. You'll be incredibly nerfed because of the other skills that are totally essential to survival such as medicine, repair, and lockpicking.

I've figured it's in a person's best interest to have ONE combat skill to be very good with and then focus on all things survival.

New Vegas is incredibly hard to powergame with. I think that's good and bad. But beyond the middle of the desert, there seems to be this huge wall of fuck off enemies that you'd never make it past.
I know what you're talking about. Something I found that helps a bit is that the new ally NPCs scale with you, so they suck less in combat... or at least offer the option to approach it with different combat skills.

Something I noticed is that certain combat skills aren't really exclusively useful to different parts of the game, like FO3. I think each of them is well represented with their currently available weapons as your character levels up.

And I still don't know why you think lock picking is essential. >_> It's frustrating to not know what's behind something, but I promise that it won't matter in the long run. That's what's important when being a munchkin, right?

Also. "Fuck off enemies" made me laugh. That describes them perfectly. I think the first one is like a "Beware of dog" sign, and then the others are just there to keep you out by killing you.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote