View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 05:30 PM   #77
Tralis

Until about 9th grade I like NuMetal. After 9th Grade I was very done with that phase.
In high school I listened to a lot of classic metal and a bit of oldies. I yearned for music expansion but I went to a very preppy school. I remember in 11th and 12th grade actively wanting to find some other sort of music that had more meaning and appealed to my ear. Without any goths at my high school, and I mean none, I really had no introduction to it. Toward the end I listened to a bit of industrial or I guess really Industrial Pop like NIN (never manson, thankfully).
My first year of college I got really into Romantic Music like Tchaikovsky and Wagner. I bought a turntable becuase I still did and do like oldies (60s and 70s music) and had a strange attraction to vinyl as a format, which I didn't really grow up with at all.
A new freind lent me Floodland on CD and it sort of... clicked. It was like that was what I had been searching for the whole time. That was about half a year ago. From Sisters of Mercy I've moved on to a myriad of goth groups from Bauhaus to Qntal to Switchblade Symphony. I've loved them all.
Tralis is offline   Reply With Quote