View Single Post
Old 03-08-2023, 03:36 AM   #97
jingo9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
I grew up in the country so guns are something I'm fairly familiar with but it was a different mentality out there than what I see with most vocal gun advocates. Rifles were good hunting and for home defense people used shotguns loaded with rock salt, hand guns weren't really a common thing except for people who were issued one for work and high capacity weapons were seen as things that belong in war zones, not your home. People just used those to hunt in their sitka gear , nothing out of ordinary.

I never had a problem with any of that but then you see school shootings and you see little girls getting shot in the head by their neighbor who was illegally target shooting in his back yard and it becomes very clear that something in this country's collective psyche is badly broken when it comes to firearms.
Having guns in country is more of necessity rather than "I want to own one". I'm living here right now and it's pretty impossible to get around without one since there are way too many "pests" out there(ofc I'm refering to hogs and coyotes mostly, not like you would need a rifle for anything else out here).
jingo9 is offline   Reply With Quote