View Single Post
Old 04-01-2006, 03:50 PM   #60
Icarian Decoding

mailing = cost of postage.

what kinds of "application fees" did you have to pay?

and where did they charge you to get fingerprinted?

They charged us to be printed at the building. The application fees were:
*To start application
*Paperwork
*Appointments to the DoHS
*Picture taking
*Passport making
*Registering for Permanent Residenship
*Registering for Citizenship
*Citizenship Ceremony

finished thought or not, are you saying that by merely stepping on the soil of the united states, someone's quality of life has noticeably increased? and if so, how would you back that statement up?
No, because if merely stepping on the soil of the United States, someone's quality of life would go up, then I would be more tenacious in fighting for this position. My point is that once you are in the United States, you have the ability to do more, then in a poverty stricken country.

i think the "hiring metaphor" works very well for the framework you laid down, unless of course you feel that illegal aliens have a right to wander across the border just to suck at the teat of working class america, thusly thumbing their noses at the citizenry in a country they claim they want to be a part of.
I guess I am saying that.

as far as the naturalization process goes - i disagree. i, as a citizen, want to know that whatever comes into this country is doing so without baggage such as a legal history, ties to enemies or general shitbaggery that would indicate someone coming here to collect money from the government - tax money working americans pay into the government to make our lives better. illegal aliens, until adopted into the country, don't matter in terms of what they want from america. if they want to earn something here in this country, they should enter it appropriately, like yourself obviously, and work for what they seek once approved.
That would inflict your point of views on how someone should be living their lives. For instance, if someone had "Legal" history, how do we know those charges are valid? The "Ties to Enemies or General Shitbaggery", would have to provide that you can both prove they are an enemy, and for what reason they are an enemy, along with knowing their intentions. Tax money for working Americans should be made to our lives better, I agree with this. But who is "Our", dare I ask? Is it the general population the United States, who actually work, as most illegal immigrants do, or is it those chosen few, who actually get the oppertunity to apply?

every single person on this earth has the opportunity to apply for citizenship in the united states. again, the sense of entitlement baffles me. the - i want it so i'm gonna take it - mindset of modern man. and the best part? when they're called on it, they scream and gnash their teeth as though being told "no" is an offense they can't handle. as though having to wait and go through set protocol is "racist" somehow.
It's not racist, but it wastes your time, and drains your resources. The entitlement comes from the fact that when people say, "This land is our land", they are simply saying, "Ha ha, I have guns, you can't come here".

it's sad, really when you stop for a moment and think about it. people have become such pussies of late - the last 20 years or so. when they don't get what they want, right when they want it, they cry to whomever will listen and complain, complain, complain instead of doing what the rules say in order to get what they say they want.

Isn't that called the American dream?

the citizens DO have the vote. it's our country. that's the way it goes.

when country-x loses the ability to make and formulate the rules of country-x, country-x ceases to exist.

But where does that end? When Country-X incorporates more people into it's country, doesn't it just become larger? Do not the rules simply become wider, or change in some form? The citizens have the right to vote, and they should, as laid down by the constitution. With that said, it is my belief that anyone who comes to America should also have that right.

the place to start is the office of integration and naturalization. once there, ask about how one becomes a citizen. learn english so you can understand the answer... and follow the rules.
The place you actually start, is at the border, where they give you six months to become a temporary permenant resident. As soon as you fail to do that, you're screwed.

you're a teenager and your view of the world reflects that. i remember when i was a teen, i believed in peace, love and happiness for all, no matter what and under every circumstance. everyone should get everything, why does the world have to be so cruel, blah blah blah. it all boiled down to the same thing - why are there any obstacles in life and why can't i and everyone else get what we want when we want it?

it's a necessary mindset to explore at some stage of life, but in the end it's an immature approach to the world - immature being qualified as lacking experience, not merely as just being young.

But, it's still an ideal we chase after, is it not? I understand why the world is so cruel, so, why can't we change it? I may lack experience, or I may just be looking at it from a different point of view.

illegals sneaking across the border do "hurt" people. they "hurt" communities. they "hurt" schools. they "hurt" themselves by not integrating appropriately and not learning the language. they "hurt" cities. they "hurt" the economy, no matter what screaming liberals say to the contrary. they "hurt" the masses already here and just because the masses do not have a face like the single woman in my scenario doesn't mean they are any less human.
How? How can they hurt the community, how can they hurt the people, how can they hurt themselves by not learning the language? Are they not just enriching the country with thier presence? I thought bringing in new ideals and people was a good thing.
Icarian Decoding is offline   Reply With Quote