Thread: Racist goths???
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 04:16 AM   #1
XNyarlathotepX

Racist goths???

Pretty much all of the goths I know or have known have been staunch anti racists. The reason should be obvious, the gothic subculture identifies as an outgroup and thus would likely see other outgroups, ones that in the case of racial minorities have suffered a far worse outgrouping, as natural allies. Thus, I was surprised to come on here and see several rather callous, ignorant discussions of race and racial issues by several obviously privilaged, suburban, callous whites who refuse to recognize their social privilage.

As many of you are non Christians, perhaps this will help. Before you say something about a minority race, stop and consider how you might respond if a Christian were to say a similar thing about people of your faith. Maybe you will get why it's inappropriate then.

To those goths of color who have been insulted or mistreated on here by white goths, I am sorry that you have to put up with this kind of crap from a social group that should be accepting of people who think outside the box and reject the norm.

To those bigoted white goths who want to talk about how you don't like the way it looks, or some BS like that, you're in the wrong sociological sect. You might as well have been cheerleaders.
XNyarlathotepX is offline   Reply With Quote