Thread: Goth jobs?
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2008, 09:05 AM   #17
Cicero

Bloody hell, blackwater's not suggesting going to work with a foot-high green deathhawk wearing nothing but ripped fishnets and knee-high platform boots. Getting a job while still keeping an 'alternative' style really isn't that difficult, especially when you manage to still look tasteful.

I know a hell of a lot of goths with perfectly respectable jobs, and not a single one sacrifices their style for it. A good number of them are professionals in their field with PhDs sitting on their shelves right next to the hairspray and black nailpolish.

Now... one job that every single young goth in Melbourne seems to get at some point is working in a call centre in customer service and all that stuff. None of them have much of a dresscode, and all they care about is that you're able to talk on the phone. It also pays pretty well in comparison to other no-experience-required jobs.

Also working in nightfill at supermarkets and departments stores - perfect for anyone nocturnal, and graveyard shift has good rates.

Aaaand for earning some extra cash, selling stuff on eBay is pretty easy.

In terms of later careers/education, I've noticed that anything involving a higher education like a masters or PhD generally won't have any problem with how people look. It seems once you get to that point, it's mainly your knowledge and skills that matter.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote