View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 11:06 AM   #10
ape descendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua View Post
I guess I should make myself a little more clear. The more that science discovers about the world, the more convinced I am that there had to be an Intelligence to make it all come about so neatly and wonderfully.

But I also see the other side of how some folks feel that science undoes the traditional idea of a literal 7-Day creationist God. I can see it, but due to personal events, I can't say that God doesn't exist. [I don't expect others to agree with me, and have no desire to convert others to my way of thinking; just offering my thoughts.]
Science deals with the natural world.... the existence of a god or gods is a question of the supernatural which is something that can't be tested by science.

Reality undoes the idea of a literal 7 day creation. Science doesn't really "undo" it as such.. just shows that the idea was wrong the whole time, the new information doesn't change the way things are, just sheds more and more light on the truth about the natural world.

If there's some sort of "intelligence" guiding the evolution of the universe in general... I really don't know... I highly doubt it though...

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote