View Single Post
Old 03-04-2006, 05:43 AM   #2
Draconysius

Q1. Would you describe yourself as a Goth? Yes, I consider myself a member of the subculture.

Q2. Why? What does Goth mean to you? In my opinion, it is an embrace of darkness. The taboo, unusual, morbid, etc.

Q3. How do you like to dress during the day and at night? During the day, I dress in very casual clothes; all black with maybe a few accessories like jewelry here and there. During the night, I wear what I wear during the day, until I go to bed when I wear a band tee and some night pants.

Q4. Are you trying to convey a message with the way you dress? If yes, what is it? Not really; I just love black.

Q5. Has your view of what a Goth is changed over the time you’ve been involved in the subculture? Yes; so many times it just isn'y funny.

Q6. What sort of music do you listen to and what do you like about it?
I'll listen to just about anything. My favorites, though, are deathrock, darkwave, and stoner, doom, or grunge metal. Why do I like it? I can't say besides it sounds good to me.

Q7. What do you like to do in your spare time? I love to read, play games, fuck around the internet, or draw.

Q8. How interested are you in art and literature? VERY interested. I draw just about every day and have written so many stories, poems, and songs it's just ridiculous. I'm even considering a career in art.

Q9. What ideals do you think you share with other Goths, if any? Mainly, the need to express myself, and go my own way.

Q10. Would it bother you if Goth went mainstream and became a fashion trend? Why? Yes; I hate poseurs. This would mean a lot more.

Q11. Is there a difference between younger Goths (12 – 17) and older Goths (18+)? If yes, what is it? The elder goths who have been in the subculture longer are usually more experienced and wise.

Q12. Which, if either, do you think is more important in your subculture and why: style (what you wear and how you look) or content (what you know and how you feel)? Content, indefinitely.