View Single Post
Old 07-25-2015, 08:01 AM   #12
$haDe

This is actually a really dodgy topic to really dig in for me, mostly because of how these scantily clad female characters are actually fighting on equal-terms with male characters (Mortal Kombat and Dead or Alive, for example) or even purposely dressed themselves that way as a mean to empower their sexuality (Bayonetta, for example).

What I'm saying is, the narration is the problem in videogames. (Unless the developers go out of their way to code more than one female characters to perform less efficient than their male counterparts) and that just seems more like the creative writing parts and not really videogames as a whole that is being misogynistic

---------------------------

Added: Unless we're talking about the audiences and consumers in the gaming industry as well, in which case, yes. This industry is severely misogynistic.

I'm still really mad about the developers of Assassin's Creed, using a small control group to decide that they're not making a female assassin in the main line-ups, THEN tried to scuttle the feedback with "it's much harder to model female anatomy"

*queue bouncing boobs joke*