View Single Post
Old 01-06-2008, 10:22 PM   #16697
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Kanedawg, your description of your evening reminded me of an equally disturbing night I had when I was 17: I had just gone to bed after watching The Exorcist when it was first released in the theatres. My girlfriend and I were horrified. I dropped her off at home, and then went home to an empty house (my parents were divorced, and my mother and sister were both gone somewhere).

I went to bed, with the ghastly images of Regan flashing through my teenage mind.

Suddenly, for some weird reason, the Led Zeppelin poster of Jimmy Page fell of the tacks in my room's wall. The rustling in the dark frightened me and I had momentarily forgot I had a poster hanging there.

Sitting up in bed in fright, I reached over to my nightstand and turned on the bedroom lamp. The light bulb chose that precise time to burn out in a bright blue flash! My eyes imprinted with a negative image of my room were temporarily blinded.

Then immediately after the flash, there came a rapping at my bedroom window which was behind the head of my bed! My bedroom was on the first floor.

Having all of this happen in the score of a few seconds overwhelmed me, and unable to stand the torture any longer I decided to meet my fate face to face, throwing open the curtains!

Standing there was my best friend, grinning his toothy Jewish smile and laughing at my fright! He wanted us to go out, get some beers and go cruising for girls.

The poster rustling to the floor, the bulb burning out and the window tapping all happened in less than 15 seconds. I will never forget that experience as long as I live!