View Single Post
Old 11-02-2004, 09:55 AM   #84
.BatteryPoison.

You say again and again that we're forcing our way of life upon them. Would you like me to sit here and explain to you how the democratic process works? Do you understand that religious leaders, not the U.S.-backed interm prime minister, are leading in the polls in Iraq right now? Why? Because that's what the majority of people want. Are there people who are sad to see the Taliban go? Yeah. A handful of warlords and the Taliban themselves. Do they speak for the majority of their country? No. Should they be allowed to decide the life of everyone in their country? No. People in Afghanistan just got through voting and deciding who will run the country and how it will run. THEY decided. America wasn't in there voting for them.

As for some of this other stuff, you do know it was the Cliton Administration who chopped up the welfare program pretty good right? Bush's changes to social welfare don't hold a candle to Cliton's. I'm of course talking about the cut-backs.

"I wanna skin me some fetuses and hang 'em, then chase them with hedgeclippers!" - Ice
.BatteryPoison. is offline   Reply With Quote