View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 04:02 PM   #149
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despanan View Post
Occupy Wall Street in NYC is largely Red Anarchist. You're judging the whole movement on Occupy Newfoundland.

That is wrongheaded. Maybe if some more experienced activists had become part of the discussion that wouldn't have happened?
Why the fuck should I take time out of my goddamn day to educate thirty odd white make pricks on how they're pricks? OWS POC can't get thousands of white pricks to listen.

You are twisting what I've said to fit your narrative.
Quote:
1) I am Trayvonn Martin was the MILLION HOODIES CHANT. It was not OWS's Chant. OWS was chanting it in solidarity with the rest of the crowd.

What are we supposed to chant? Elon James White objected to "We are the 99%", now you're objecting to "I am Trayvonn Martin" maybe all the white men involved with Occupy should just shut the fuck up and go home?

Because seriously, that seems to be what you're saying here.
You know, there's other things that you can chant. A lot of people suggested POC be the ones to chant "We are Trayvon Martin" and everyone else echo with "Justice for Trayvon." That would have made a hella more sense than have white boys act like they know what its like.

Aso for the rest, seriously, you think I'm just mad that there's another movement?

Jesus Christ on a stick, are you that fucked in the head? Me and Solumina REALLY wanted to be part of the movement, but the movement isn't for chicks. I have a friend that was all for it in the beginning, and she made a few friends, but mostly all she got from it was a stalker who's still there. I have an AMERICAN, btw, not a privileged Canadian (seriously? We're all dying of poverty and racism here and you're saying we're more privileged than you, who's parents could pay for him to move to NYC to be a writer?) professor who's specialization is labour movements, who was also all for OWS, but is extremely critical of how the movement as a whole has been white male oriented. Its not something some hysterical women dreamed up so you had to make **** free zones to make them happy, its not something black people who don't like you much is making up to discredit you, you're insanely privileged and you never want to listen unless people are stroking your ego. You're willing to take a bruising for cops now, but you never cared when it was black people. You don't care that women are being sexually assaulted by both activists and cops, you'll only believe it when its the other side who does it. You dismiss me and Solumina as just being too quiet, you treat sexual assault as something unreal and made up. You are the definition of privileged.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote