View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 12:51 PM   #115
ape descendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite View Post

It goes somewhere. You're dismissing the whole thing by saying that the conclusion is inherently personal and talking out of both sides of your mouth saying it has a use and that it is useless. If that were true, there's no reason to share ideas in the first place. I don't HAVE to prove to HP that his beliefs are true or false, I only have to convince the observer that I am correct. I already know I'm not going to convince HP. That was never my goal. You're implying that the realization of atheism is insular and isolated. That it's presence is only realized within the will of the personal observer and that outside forces and ideas have no impact on feeding those seeds. That's retarded.
I am not "talking out of both sides of my mouth" when I advocate discussion but realize that a change of belief happens in a person's own mind.

I am merely saying that one can talk to they're blue in the face, present their arguments flawlessly and be quite persuasive, but unless the other person involved in the discussion has the proper tools to reason with, the desire and balls to bring those tools to bear on their superstitious beliefs; then they will be quite unlikely to come to the logical conclusion regarding said beliefs.

By no means am I saying that discussion in and of itself is useless. These things do need to be debated and discussed especially when there are people who wish to oppress every one else with their bronze-age bullshit and teach fairy-tales in science classrooms.

I think you're mainly miffed about the comment I made about your people skills... poor dear.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote