View Single Post
Old 02-27-2014, 12:52 AM   #20221
Lady_Ligeia

The Happy Haus

I am listening to Joy Divison - Colony.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD3BRAiMrAw

(Sorry if there happens to be a way that I can embed videos into posts. I can't figure it out.)

This is a particularly nostalgic song for me. It reminds me of my roomie/good friend was having a birthday bash at a motel. We chilled around town for a bit, as she and her friends frequented the area. One of her friends wound up taking us to this place called "The Colony" that was too hilariously sketchy to be possible. Amidst Long Island, it seemed like a caricature of a sketchy place. Long Island has a distinct flavor of shadiness at its basal nature and the places that are shady are pretty fucking hilarious until you discover a bullet in your skull. Anyway, this "Colony" I speak of seemed to embody every stereotype about a sketchy place that you could imagine, particularly personified by a cracked-out guy I/we encountered whom was covered in sores and rambling some inane nonsense which affirmed my faith in humanity. It was truly exquisite in that Colony.

Last edited by Lady_Ligeia; 02-27-2014 at 12:54 AM. Reason: *I had to pluralize the experience for accuracy!
Lady_Ligeia is offline   Reply With Quote