View Single Post
Old 11-02-2004, 12:17 PM   #85
Loy

Sternn-Just to clarify a few things....

1-Stalin never wrote essays, and KAFKA was an author of fiction dealing specifically with the existential dread brought about by society and social "norms" in general. He always was apolitical, so while one COULD use one of his stories as a comparison point to how SOCIETY works, one couldn't use them for how GOVERNMENT works

2-Thailand, being a Flat-Earth Society type paradise? Ummm....are you aware of the major gang problem there? And what are those gangs dealing with? Modern appliances. So whilst you were happy enough without modern appliances over there, the locals aren't. Something to think about.

3-As far as political parties....as much as I'm against the two parties we have here, I'm glad they exist. See, while they DO speak for the lowest common denominators of their beliefs, at least we know which side of the coin they're going to bat for. And they're dislike for each other is so great that it takes a while for anything to get done. Now, while this is an annoyance, it also forces people to think about what they're trying to do, and compromises have to be made...see, this is what's called "legislation", and it also allows for people to get involved (if they only would, I know...but that's another story).

4-The crusades lasted for centuries, not years. And yes, I am aware Shrub used the term....it's one of many things about that fucktard that bothers me. However, whilst you have the right to bitch about him, WE have the right to vote him out of/into power (which I'm wondering, whether you gave up or not). Think about THAT for a while.