View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 03:22 PM   #522
ArchLich

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
when your own intentions are to wait patiently for a chance to be violent? You're an imbecile.
You're an imbecile for thinking that my sole reason for having a gun is to "wait for a chance to be violent" when I clearly expressed my reasons for doing so.

GSJ, Human nature is to be afraid of the unknown, and since no country in this world has been without governmental control in thousands of years, anarchy would in turn be "the unknown", there would be a break out of fear, panic, and hostility. People would not just accept that free will has become a point of contention, they would arm themselves, as you agreeably stated, in order to prepare for the assumed eventuality of a hostile situation. In theory, if man kind had the presence of mind to think rationally in a situation such as this, we could get along just fine without being told how to live. However, being so hopelessly inept with this sense of control would destroy any chances of such a serenity before it ever had a chance to emerge.
ArchLich is offline   Reply With Quote