View Single Post
Old 09-25-2011, 05:46 PM   #133
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydrodyssodia View Post
This page made me think it

It's nowhere near as terrible as Batman-penetrating-catwoman, hell, I don't think it's terrible at all, it might just be Williams trying to make a fluid action panel, but having her ass as the focus of the panel, having her jump in the specific way that it shows both her ass and tits, the way the motion implies her tits bouncing, etc, it looks sexualized to me.
I don't think the ass is really the focal point, her legs are hiding most of it. It would be hella sexualized without the boots, I think, but I think the way they added that was pretty tasteful and intentional. Tumblr is being an ass but there was a similar moment in Birds Of Prey with Black Canary, her ass could easily have been the focal point but again, boot in the way. I think the way her boobs are always drawn in costume is just because in #1 anyway it seems she doesn't wear a bra when going out. And with the experience I had at a feminist gathering a few months ago, it seems pretty common for queer ladies to not wear bras, heh.

If I were to compare her costume to anyone, I'd say she's on par with Nightwing. His costume is tight and I think intended so to be attractive to female fans, but nothing bad.

And yeah, Ben, the Bat and Cat scene was terrible. Like, it shows them fucking with their costumes on and its like...wouldn't the teeth of her zipper be a HUGE danger to him? Ouch.

But when you can get into comics, so far I'd recommend Animal Man the most. The reboot was definitely good for him.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote