View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 10:54 AM   #144
Saya

Thing is, they own these characters, and they are in huge trouble financially if they don't change things up. Its like what they were saying at the end of The People vs George Lucas, this is their work, their creation, not ours. I love to critique the shit out of it, and they do have to show appreciation to their fans (which is why Didio throwing tantrums at critique doesn't fly), but they had to try something new. Some things deservedly fell flat on its face, and some things are genuinely really good and the reboot was probably the best thing for them, Wonder Woman and Animal Man, for example. WW has been pretty bad lately prior to reboot. And I haven't read Supergirl yet, its supposed to be pretty good, but its about time she's taken seriously and starts over, there has been way too many Supergirls, its confusing. So cleaning up that mess isn't such a bad thing.

Overall, so far I'd say the comics I was a big fan of prior to the reboot haven't been badly affected at all, and even benefited greatly from it. I understand why Flash fans and Superman fans would be super upset.

Except Catwoman, there was a time when she was my favourite DC character. But I'm not supporting that with my money. But I'm not going to not support good comics just because some other ones are trash.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote