View Single Post
Old 03-15-2005, 11:51 AM   #11
Nike

mpf that must be #500 of this labeling yourself a whatever threads.

what can I say. I don't give a shit if someone thinks I'm goth or punk or whatever, and I have more important things to do than trying to fit into a certain scheme.
Honestly, is a label so important? Is it really important if your friends are wearing the same shoes as you do?

And to illuminatti s post ...don't make yourself ridiculous, all I can say is "NAZIS FUCK OFF!" And people who don't care about facism are nothing more but dumb.

e_e: no, there is no special connection with goths and nazis in austria. However, I have realized that some Neofolk and industrial bands (and of course there'd also be some Metal stuff to mention), that are pretending not to be facist, but singing about the "esthetics of the 3rd Reich" (I've read that in an Ordo Equilibrio interview once) are quite popular worldwide - I've heard "Rose Clouds of Holocaust" by Death in June on so many online radio stations and seen them on so many playlists of clubs that it seems to me there is a certain tolerance for such dubious stuff, that it is striking me strangely.

I know, this is not topic of this thread (hah, I'm a pirate), but as we have seen the labeling yourself blah blah quite often now, I'd be interested what others are thinking about that music genres, that are part of many "gothic" festivals nowadayds. for me, that certain kind of *tolerance* has been a reason todistance myself from all festivals and clubs playing that music.