View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 09:54 AM   #266
ape descendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by pothead View Post
yes the two of the 3 religions worship the same God, but yahwey is God's name, not allah, which some christians even believe is one of Gods names because it is found in the bible once as a name, but not sure of the context of it, but the muslims believe in jesus as a prophet not the son of God. The God that christians worship is a different God then what islam teaches, they both follow jesus it is just what is the truth about jesus that has the religions split,
Allah means "the one and only god", this sort of nitpicking is sort of like saying that some Christians don't worship the right one because they call him "God the Father".

Out of the big three, only Christians believe in the divinity of Jesus Christ. I know, its sort of a big duh, as that's what makes one a Christian in the first place, I just wanted to point out that neither Jews nor Muslims do, so that's 2 out of 3 against the idea.

And a bit of trivia, god's name isn't necessarily yahwey, that is just a guess. the only bits modern scholars have to go on are the consonants. YWVH, only the high priests of ancent Judaism are reported to have the actual name of god which was only uttered in the holy of holies one day a year. No one knows the true ineffable name of the great "I am". Bringing this up in the manner you did, shows your glaring ignorance of a religious history that has helped to shape your own.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote