View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 02:06 PM   #97
MissCheyenne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elystan View Post
I don't know, see there are a huge number of men who do this as well, note the growth of "gym culture" for want of a better term. And you know what if they want to define themselves by their sexuality who are we to condemn them for it? Maybe they are perfectly aware of the signals they're sending out and it's a very deliberate choice?
Maybe it is a choice. I'd make an educated guess and say that for some people it IS a choice that they make. For other people, I think it's learned behaviour. You are right though, there has been a huge increase in men behaving the same way. I'm not sure if that's something that's changed purely in the way that men see themselves or if it's also influenced by women becoming more sexually open and aggressive. Perhaps it's a combination of both.

EDIT :Please note I'm not condemning people for using their sexuality to define themselves. It's not my place to make the choice for other people about how they define themselves. I just think that the emphasis on it is a little disturbing.

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote