View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 12:04 PM   #8
chaudock

Sternn,
I registered so that I could reply JUST to your naive comment. Mrs. Tisdale's heroism literally SAVED the lives of these 219 orphans. I can guarantee(and bet my life on it) that ALL these orphans had a better live, or at least, a better opportunity for a better life solely because of this lady's action 35 years ago. You really need to understand the time, events, and consequences of the 'Vietnam War' and the 'fall of Saigon' at that particular time in order to fully comprehend the great significance of what Mrs. Tisdale did.

Yes, the 'fall' of Saigon WAS the end of the world for thousands and hundreds of thousands of people! It was for my parents, for my aunts/uncles, and for many many others. For them, their lives, LITERALLY, turned upside down OVERNIGHT when the Communist North Vietnamese soldiers marched in and took over the capital. Yes they did reunified the country, but it was NOT without the interference of outside country...it was under the watchful eyes of its big brother, Communist China.

I can safely assume that Sternn has never lived under any form of Communism. If you did, you will not be so naive to much such comments....
chaudock is offline   Reply With Quote