View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 12:07 PM   #33
AshleyO

Fruitbat. Desp and Kontan never said or acted in a "think my way or die" sense. They had very strong and solid and well reasoned opinions that held pretty strong sway. So the burden was of competing ideas to measure up. If there was a stronger or more acceptable idea being presented, Desp and Kontan would alter their idea.

So it wasn't so totalitarian as that, it was more "Your ideas better be worth a shit or just die in a fire."

Totally not the same thing.

Matter of fact, this is exactly what made Desp and Kontan so brutal. You're using anecdotal and emotional ammo for this debate. It's not that you disagree with us, but you're using your own experience to muddy the water and when you do that, you're actually making us consider that your evidence is somehow enough to change an opinion that involves more people than just yourself. In short... you're kind of making the argument that because you were hxc motherly, that somehow the right to abortion should be limited in some way. And if that's not what you were trying to do, then you just tried to make this thread about you and I know I've told you to stop doing that a couple of times in the past already.

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote