View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 09:09 AM   #17
AshleyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babs View Post
I agree for people who make their own money.

However, people who are dependant on welfare programs paid for by my tax dollars... Not so much. I think a bigger issue with welfare programs is not the drug use, though - it's people who use their ebt to pay for their food and then ask the cashier to ring their $60 video game up separately "I'll pay cash for that..."

I see that all the time when I'm on register at my job.
Okay, this is totally retarded.

Just because people are on a welfare program, it doesn't mean that they should have to answer to a code of ethics or standard of living that no one else has to adhere to. You don't put poor people on social programs in order to simply keep them sustinant(sp). It's so that they can live somewhat closer to where you're at financially. This includes being able to afford a videogame.

Seriously. You're saying that because a person has a NEED for help on acquiring food, they should not ever be able to have a simple luxury or to have something like a beer or shot of whiskey. SERIOUSLY. Their standard of living pretty much sucks. If anyone deserves a fucking drink, it'd be someone who needs welfare in order to survive. Drinking is one of the most common things a person can indulge in and it's quite natural and socially acceptable on certain levels. Why should people on welfare not be able to indulge in this?

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote