View Single Post
Old 04-01-2005, 02:27 AM   #2
SuicideJade

OK..
I have long avoided the politics thread because i hate all the strife that it tends to cause between people on message boards, but.. this is ans issue that has struck a chord with me so i have to say something..

I am personally glad that Terri is dead..
I think it was a shitty way to die.. i do not agree with letting her starve like they did.. BUT, now a 10 year struggle is over for this woman who was stuck in the middle of a legal battle that she could'nt even defend herself in..
For the last decade they have fought this issue.. Now at least maybe she can rest knowing that no one can keep yanking tubes in and out of her..
I think it's shitty that Michael Schiavo would'nt let her family in to say goodbye.. i hope he gets his leg chewed off by wild coyotes for that..

Everybody that has made a major statement on tv it seems has either been talking about the rights of her husband or her family in this case..
Did everybody forget that there was a woman lying in the hospital bed who is the centre of this issue?
This angers me because they talked about her for the last 10 years like she was'nt even there and now after 13 excruciating days without food or drink... She's dead..
My heart goes out to her family..

*headache*

now i know why one of my medical assisting teachers was always pressuring us to get advance directives..
This could happen to any of us..
I pray that it never does, but incase it did i know i'm making a beeline to get an advance directive while i'm still of sound mind and body..

Rest In Peace Terri..
I'm glad your struggle here is over.. :cry: