View Single Post
Old 05-07-2005, 04:36 PM   #23
Binkie

There actually weren't that many soldiers that went underground. Most surrendered or just ran away and never resurfaced or were captured when they did. It was the elite units that were instructed to carry out a guerilla war.

Most of the insurgents you see today and early after the war were not part of the Iraqi military under Saddam. They are, like you said, ba'athists and anti-American Saudis.

And equipment may not win in crushing the insurgent's morale? I'll cite the example where a pocket of about 5-6 insurgents carried out an attempted mortar attack on the US Embassy. A drone flying overhead caught their position and where they ran to and US soldiers immediately went in and took care of them. You've got Bin Laden who can hardly communicate with the rest of his network like he once did due to so much surveilance.

They don't care if they die? How about the Saudi who came to Iraq to fight for the insurgents? He was instructed to drive a truck up to a post and was blown up through a remote detonator by the group that took him in. Went through the windshield and suffered major burns, but somehow survived. When Iraqi Intellegence officers questioned him, he said he didn't come here to die like that and that he didn't want to. So yeah, not all are prepared to die for this cause like we're made to believe by the media.
"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Binkie is offline   Reply With Quote