View Single Post
Old 10-17-2004, 03:51 PM   #40
.BatteryPoison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn
Your once again drudging up inacurate information. Thats the problem with the US today - people have been lied to so much they believe it. From 2 weeks ago:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6180176/

NEW YORK - Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld said in a speech that he knew of no clear link between the al-Qaida terror network and Saddam Hussein,

So if your arguing you know of a tie, you might wanna call up the Defense Department, because in their address to their allies, they made it clear they had absolutely no evidence.
The Defense Department kinda has it's hands full. I hope Yahoo news will suffice: Article
"Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld said in a speech that he knew of no clear link between the al-Qaida terror network and Saddam Hussein, although he later backed off the statement and said he was misunderstood."

Quote:
They will argue that hey, this does effect me, but i mean really, if another iraqi dies or bush declares martial law in iraq, are you going to miss a meal?
Tomorrow? Nope. When US troops were occupying Saudi Arabia a decade ago and some muslim radical got all fussy about it, did that affect anyone here in America? On September 11th, 2001 it did. Did the events that unfolded after September 11th cause the loss of jobs? Yes. Did people miss meals because of this? Yes. Did some seemingly insignificant event that happend half way around the world end up effecting people back here in the states? Yes. Are you familiar with the Butterfly Effect, Sternn? This is why many people, reguardless of if they're in the middle of a conflict or not, care. Why else do we care? Cause we have the power to change things by voting. It's called Democracy.

Quote:
As long ya you get your rent paid, your car insurance paid, and have enough money to fuck off to the mall and buy the latest pop album, most yanks give ashit less about real problems as they have none.
That's correct. People living in neighborhoods here in America where gang violence takes the lives of innocent bystanders daily don't have any real problems.

Here's something else that's kinda interesting. Many of the Saudi nationals who were aboard the planes durring 9/11 were from the middle class in their own country. They didn't have to deal with some foriegn country coming in and shooting up the neighborhood. They didn't have to deal with real problems, as you say. These are people who would spill their thoughts out from "cushy chairs," yet they they sure as hell played a big part in world history. But at the end of the day, their thoughts don't matter, right? I mean, what could they actually do with those insignificant thoughts? They haven't lived the "Hard Knock Life," therefore their thoughts don't carry any weight.

Quote:
How many of them have you met in the states?
Ask Loy.

Quote:
Every seen a child that has been so hidiously disfigured by bomb shrapnel, they barely appear human? I'm guessing your answer is no.
That's the beauty of the media. They have the power to show us these things (and do). The answer is "Yes."

Quote:
Until you experience the policies on THIER end, hear about what the policies did to them, then you have no right to sit back in your cushy chair in your air conditioned/central air heated home and judge these people.
Tell me, from your cushy chair, who's judging these people?

Quote:
I say visit the people, not the media or government propoganda, to get the story. Look in their eyes, break bread at their house, hear their story, THEN tell me you still feel the same way.
Why don't you come to America and get an idea of what America is really about by visiting with the KKK. Listen to their story. No? How about the Black Panthers? Point is, you can travel to a country and talk with people who have been subjected to lots of propaganda in their lives, and yet learn absolutely nothing about what that country really feels about what's really going on.

"I wanna skin me some fetuses and hang 'em, then chase them with hedgeclippers!" - Ice
.BatteryPoison. is offline   Reply With Quote