Thread: Pet Peeves
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2006, 10:38 AM   #15
Tall One In Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeishaGirl
People who talk on their cellphones in movies. Whenever I hear their phone ring, my anger starts to rise. If they answer it, fists start to grip. If they say more then three sentences, I turn around and shout for them to get the fuck out. I've never had anyone NOT listen to me, but I think that's because of my size.
There are no words to explain the level of my intolerance for this. If you're stupid enough to allow your phone to ring in the theater, you damn well better act apologetic and shut it off immediately. If you have the audacity to answer your phone and begin a conversation, you damn well better be bigger and/or faster than me.

The last time I was in a theater in Georgia, some idiot redneck in the row behind me answered his phone twice in the space of 15 minutes. When the third call came shortly thereafter, I snapped. I stood up, snatched the phone out of his hand, and walked right out of the room with it. I made a beeline for the women's restroom and dropped his phone into the toilet. Then I walked out the opposite door and went home.