Thread: Christian music
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 07:39 PM   #11
Aidess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconysius
I despise christian music. I don't care about the fact that the lyrics express a religious belief. What makes me despise it so much is the fact that most self-proclaimed "christian" music is so fake. Most christian bands tack on the label just to sell to their target demographic; often just tacking on "we love jesus" once in every song to make it credible as christian.

I also love how a lot of christian metal bands claim to spread the message of god's love, especially in song titles like "death to the heathens" or "burn in hell", etc. Not to mention a lot of them tack on "christian" to their music in a way that screams "we're superior to all other music". Of course, the sound rarely differs from so-called "heathenistic" music, except sometimes it's often softened down into a chewable pop form. Of course, I'm generalizing, though I've yet to meet a christian band that's anything more than a marketing tool.
I go to church.
and on Thursday im travelling to Sheffield just to see a christian band, that arent metal, more 'cheesy rock' of the sort.
but i dont think christian bands arer about the music.
Christian Metal is about getting the word of christanity to people that listen to Metal to knwo that Metal isnt all about Satanism, Anti-War, Anti- christianity and Blashphemic Lyrics.

Christian bands dont try and make themselves superior, its just that they are noticed and christianity is such a big religion itself, looks superior.
if you get what i mean.
x
Aidess is offline   Reply With Quote