Thread: Hamas vs Israel
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 01:51 PM   #64
MrMaelstrom

Blinded by nationalism again. No is trying to dispute US power, capacity or achievements.

More so, it's because of that capacity, quick growth and achievement that the US has been a rather huge letdown.

Consider this, it has become a superpower.
Let's assume for a moment that any country had the capacity to do so (there's a lot of logistics involving the "secret" of US's success today). Also a lot of it has to deal with specific circunstances (Portugal was the world's greatest power at a time when our population was a mere million, yet we did it - circunstances).

What's the point of becoming a superpower?
The romans found out.
Charles Magne found out (for those who keep forgeting the french).
Saladin found out.
We found out.
Napoleon found out (them again).

It soon becomes about responsibility. (yup, the spider-man thingie).

Responsibility means not onle that you have to act, but that you're also accountable for your actions: It sucks, I know.
You'll find out too. It's a fact. The only way for you guys not to repeat history is learning from our past mistakes instead of your current ones.

Basically, you're doing pretty much the same things we did using different words for it (and not even that, if you consider the evolution in western values).

I don't see why a cold-blooded ruthless serial murderer has the right to legal counsel, a fair trial by a jury and a and a maximum period of incarceration prior to accusation and another one doesn't.

Like the ongoing issue of CIA not-so-secret(reminds me of something ) prisons spread around the world and the transport of prisoners through several countries, in contempt for national and international laws concerning the statute of prisoners and human rights, but soverignty issues as well.
It also means our governments are going behind our backs (as usual) if this proves to be true.

If so, it further undermines allied confidence in the US (the henchman vs ally thing again).

As for the countries age, what matters is the same as with people: it's about maturity, not age.

If I'm blown up, it won't matter to me if the nation who triggered directly or indirectly my demise is one week or one thousand years old.

The US is still going through growing pains... it will pass...hopefully quickly enough (so that we can finally grow up, evolve, get on those spaceships and explore the universe).

If I really can fnd a reason for really HATING the US it's that one:

-They provide the plane and then post "FLIGHT DELAY" for a couple of centuries while they scrap the spaceships and reintroduce creationism at school (smells taliban to me).

And you know what? I'd rather get a hotheaded arguement with you fascist imperialists than delete trolls' posts for hours any day of the week.

p.s. I hope you liked that fascist imperialist touch. I'm such a sentimental for retro. Boy, do I miss the cold-war (can't believe I said that)