View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 06:12 AM   #8
CuckooTuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by april13 View Post
Right, makes sense, thanks for clearing that up.

I don't quite remember the scene in the show but in the book it didn't come across as 100% consensual to me. (as was the case for all 'beddings' described IMO) I also think it was quite annoying how Dani's feelings for Drogo evolved so quickly.
From what I remember he took her away on the horse he'd just given her and she was terrified about what was about to happen, but once he started he was gentler than she'd expected and she ended up liking it. There was the implication of consent by the time they really got down to it (from what I recall, he can't say anything besides "No" in English, and says "No?" as he hesitates over putting his hand in her knickers, until she lets him). Personally I found the show's approach more honest.

And yeah, the speed with which she fell head over heels was something I found annoying too. And *****SPOILERS***** even after he's dead, she clings to the memory of him with this total unconditional adoration that doesn't square with the fact that she stands against slavery and wanton brutality, which are pretty much the foundations of the Dothraki way.
"Friends are allowed to make mistakes. The enemy is not allowed to make mistakes because his whole existence is a mistake, and we suffer from it. But the women's liberation front and gay liberation front are our friends, they are our potential allies, and we need as many allies as possible.” - Huey Newton
CuckooTuli is offline   Reply With Quote