View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 10:38 AM   #7
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophelia's Snorkel View Post
It would be a different thing if the ban had come at this saying, "We have a distinct architectural tradition, and minarets detract from it" - sort of like a HOA on nation-wide steroids; but, instead, the proponents of the ban made it very clear that they want to curb the opportunity for a certain, specific religion to thrive. It's no wonder, with motives like that, that this ban is causing anger and hurt.
Most definately agreed. Motives are what's causing this to be such a touchy subject. I think they should have gone about it a different way, or at least pretended to. Most laws passed have hidden agenda, but at least you can save some face and choose the LESSER of the fuckheaded reasons to justify banning certain religious symbols.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote