View Single Post
Old 06-25-2008, 08:48 AM   #7
Noirette

Just a thought.

I think that everyone has his or her own view of what "goth" is, and it can be entirely different for any person, but I still think that there are things that unite the people who can be described as goths.
For me it's a life when you try to find who you really are, among this human, sometimes dumb and blind, crowd.
For me it is a quest, or maybe more corectly, a way of life,to discover the true meaning of things.
Though, ironicly, I don't believe that anything in this chaos called "life" has a true meaning. Maybe it's all about discovering the true meaning for me, like you discovered the gothic...culture, or way of thinking, or maybe simply this sometimes painfully beautiful, or beautifully painful loneliness.

The only thing I can say about what goth may be, is that for me Anne Rice's books are simply gothic. But they not all that gothic is for me.
This stubborness of humanity, the chaothic beuty of sadness, the beauty which always has to die, the eternal question about the emptyness of life-does life have a meaning at all?
A part of humanity's suffering, told in such enchanting words make me feel somewhat hopeful, yet fragile, but not willing to giveup.

Wow, I never meant to write that much.
Noirette is offline   Reply With Quote