View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 05:39 AM   #158
Miss Absynthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
Wolfmoon, I bet you're pretty ok too. Let's have tea sometime.

The acting officers failed to meet the standard of minimum necessary force. If their actions were acceptable then they and their superior, the chief of university police, would not be on administrative leave. That isn't something that results from doing your job in am impeccable manner.

I do care when the police use more than the absolute minimum necessary force, whether it is on someone I sympathize with or not.

Anyway, not all cops are bad.
I'm thinking that the reason that they are on administrative leave is so the incident can be investigated, not because there have been any actually findings yet.

I'm pretty sure that if their actions are found as being excessive that it won't just be 'administrative leave' that happens to them, but that it will be at the least losing their jobs, probably civil suits filed against them and perhaps criminal charges.

Don't you all have something written somewhere about an assumption of innocence until proven guilty, or has that been changed to innocence until footage goes viral on YouTube?
Miss Absynthe is offline   Reply With Quote