View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 09:15 PM   #66
Saya

You guys, it happened. I went to the comic book store yesterday and I bought Marvel and Vertigo, and no DC.

I'll probably catch up with Batwoman, Supergirl and Wonder Woman later, but I'm still pissy with BW and WW, and SG is in a crossover event with Superman and Superboy which I don't read. When the New 52 launched, I had 11 books on my pull list. Now its down to those three.

I think Marvel is trying now to get female representation back in their books. Captain Marvel I found was too pro-military for me to enjoy, but I like Red She Hulk, and you know what always bothered me about the green She Hulk? That she's hot and not monstrous like Hulk. But Red She Hulk while usually hot, does have a monstrous form. Its the first time I've ever seen a superheroine allowed to be flat out ugly. I mean Glory is built like a brickhouse, but I don't think she's ugly, and she's with Image.

I'm also super interested in the all female X-Men team book that's coming out, and The Fearless Defenders. Both led by WoC! At the same time! DC has no comics led by WoC since the cancellation of Voodoo. And that was terrible.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote