View Single Post
Old 02-01-2005, 11:12 AM   #179
TeapotScar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny-like_the_apple
Quote:
the people of iraq mean about as much to me, personally, as a parade of ants on a sunny, springtime day - i hold no ill will toward any of them, but if they were being stomped on by someone else, so be it. that's essentially the way they've existed for decades anyway. it's unfortunate that americans have to lose their lives because an entire country of people can't stand up on their own. there's inherent honor in the fact that america is standing up for those who crave the ability to take their country into their own hands and for whatever reason - can not. there's also confusion, for me, why it has become the responsibility of the united states. i understand the reports i hear, i just don't understand why. one american dying for iraqi freedom is one american too many. i say, bring our boys and girls home and let that country sink into desolation, for all i care.
Wow. I don't even know what to say to this. You just don't care? At all? Just because they live in a different country and they're USED to it? You care if an anonymous American soldier dies, but not hundreds of thousands of anonymous Iraqis? Wow.
I couldn't agree more. What is it, e_e? What is it about that one American soldier that makes his/her life *so* much more important than hundreds of thousands of Iraqi citizens? You do realize that they are both people, right? They both have families, morals, mothers, fathers, etc. etc.? Who are you to judge the value of human life, simply based upon the fact that it's from another culture?

-Add me on myspace, because I'm pretty sure I've tried to add you! http://www.myspace.com/fermeztesyeux
TeapotScar is offline   Reply With Quote