View Single Post
Old 10-04-2005, 03:32 PM   #81
edible_eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie
That's exactly the problem. Yet the US has a say in what happens on other people's soil?
And I learnt that from paying attention to the surroundings outside of my own country.
it's a problem only as far as your own ideology goes.

and as far as the u.s. having a say about some others, not all - that's part of life, yes. it's the way parts of the world have progressed. it would be nice if we could pull all our men and women back inside our borders and let others fend for themselves, but then, of course, we'd hear incessant bitching and moaning about how horrible the u.s. is for not helping out across the world.

perhaps you should pay a little more attention to your own country and stop biting your nails about what others outside the u.s. are crying about. don't believe the hype - remember that little tid-bit of advice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter
There were many polls, yes.
there are always a variety of polls - pro or con. anyone can support almost any statement made if they survey the spectrum of polls taken and apply results they find to whatever they believe. couple that with sources who tout various polls to reflect what they believe is important, especially in the news and ouala! - you've got some sweet, ol' propaganda, baby. it's what makes the world go 'round.

i'm glad you didn't leave, peter.