View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 03:54 AM   #14
Beneath the Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenorePoe View Post
I was in the foster system in California, and it is terribly overcrowded with illegal immigrant children and the children of illegals. What usually happens is they get caught as they cross the border, are ripped from their parents and thrown in the foster system.
If they're brought here by their parents, they should either be sent back with their parents, or be placed with family (whether that means back in their country of origin or with legal residents here in the US, I don't care. Like I've already said, children shouldn't be punished. I also agree that families should remain together. I would not be opposed to children being given green cards, as they normally don't have a choice when it comes to crossing the border.).

Quote:
The ones who were born here become foster kids when their parents are deported.
And I hope that if this happens enough, illegals will simply stop trying to have kids in the US, because it won't gain them anything at all.

Quote:
I will tell you, the foster system is NOT fun.
I know. I was a foster kid.

Quote:
Yes, in general they take good care of you, depending on where you go, but it is NO substitute for a real family.
Agreed. Family is (almost) always the best choice. Sadly, it doesn't always work that way.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote