View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 01:52 PM   #26
Despanan

Red face

Okay, I was going to respond to this - but I don't think, judging by your last post - I don't think you're interested in understanding where I'm coming from and I don't think that I can trust you to continue to argue in good faith about this.

I'll just address your last point, and then take Kontan's advice.

Quote:
Was that something you wanted to do? Do you think shamans, voodooists or even Muslims can get away with that?

Actually this is something I wanted to ask: is being able to confront people religion about any moment your idea of atheist freedom? Is not wanting to argue about religion at any time of your choosing oppressing you?
Good lord no. Why would I want to do that? That's exhausting.

Atheists already confront all religions at all times, simply by existing. There is literally no way I can't because there's no truce between positive belief and a lack of positive belief. You can't say: "maybe it's the same God under different names. You can't say "maybe it's all a piece of the truth". Disbelief and belief don't mix. Period. The only options we have is to make this confrontation known, or to shut up about it & hide.

You want to know what I want? I want it to not be important. I'd like to not have to hide who I am from my relatives, my employers and my fiancée's family.

Also, fuck you for accusing my friend and fellow activist of being disingenuous and engaging in a "cheap ploy to legalize a drug." you don't know anything about him, or his religion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote