View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 11:28 AM   #141
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despanan View Post
No. What you're doing NOW, refusing to get involved and disseminating incorrect information, that gives a skewed perspective of what the movement is about, while arguing from a position of ignorance.

THAT is divisive. Getting involved and working for change within your part of the movement and your own community as a whole is what OWS is all about.

I AM ALREADY INVOLVED IN MY COMMUNITY. There's far more of us than there is of Occupy here. We don't need privileged little fucks to get our work done, you dig?

Do you really think chanting "I am Trayvon Martin" proves that you're so fucking inclusive it hurts? It erases your privilege, and the whole fucking point is that you're NOT Trayvon Martin. You have no fucking clue what its like to be at the bottom of the hierarchy in society, and you never will because of your skin colour and your sense of entitlement to your privilege.

You're the kind of cat who was looking away when people were being rraped and murdered all your life, and in the last few months you've suddenly wiped away all the privilege from your eyes and everything is clear now? You're not even willing to shut the fuck up and listen, you have to excuse everything away, the system will not allow racism or sexism or any kind of oppression, just like everyone else says the US can't be a racist state because the laws don't allow it and we have women and black politicians who won't allow it. They strut those politicians out as proof that they're not racist, just as you strut the few minorities willing to tolerate OWS out as proof that the movement can't be racist. Its the same shit in a different pile.

Quote:
I'll tell you what, I'll make sure all the men at OWS sign a form that says they aren't lying about wanting to change the world.

Now Please stop being so condescending. It's unbecoming and rude.
Oh right, I got my lady reputation to protect.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote