View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 12:00 PM   #13
AshleyO

I have actually considered leaving the country if it did turn out that I'd have to live through this current flavor of GOP if they won the presidency.

But they're doing shit more or less on a state level it seems. I mean... Santorum is fucked up; it'd be a cold day in Hell before a madman like that got the presidency. What I don't get is how we as a culture aren't spitting on bigots like this. But it's the shit in other states that bug me. Why there are states that want to be a theocracy and are hostile and phobic of science and weary of intellectualism and I actually HAVE to call these people fellow Americans drives me nuts. It's because they ARE under the same federal laws, that I find the issues in Michigan and the south and just about everywhere I find so bothersome. To think these crazy fucks can actually affect the federal level of governanc is creepy.

Frankly, I'm more exhausted from the arguments that it's all about religious freedom.

Well then fuck your religion, really. And also fuck this state's rights bullshit. If they want to talk about state's rights, then I implore the US to dissolve the union completely. I'd be pretty fine with New York being its own country.

But some assholes from other states would probably think they'd have to invade New York due to cultural and political differences.

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote