View Single Post
Old 02-13-2014, 12:57 AM   #75
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
Oh really?

What advantage does a poor white boy from West Virginia have exactly?
We aren't going to get into the oppression olympics and talk about which disadvantaged group has it the worst but a poor white boy has the two biggest privileges in the world, white privilege and male privilege. Everyone has privileges, it doesn't make you a bad person, you just need to be aware of it and the thing about privilege is that to the privileged it is invisible, I'm not going to get into everything right now we're talking about racism so we shall stick with that.

Most people are familiar with the whole male/female wage gap but this chart here brakes it down by race as well.

White men who have gone to prison actually have about the same chance of getting a job offer than black men with clean records (article)

White guys like yourself are abundantly represented everywhere and representation fucking matters, which is why watching tv raises the self-esteem of white boys but lowers the self-esteem of everybody else, because nobody else has that kind of representation in media.

Just look here at a clear, visible difference in how people react to the same action being taken by different people. "What Would You Do?" actually has quite a few episodes that can be real eye-openers about all sorts of things.

Do I need to keep going? Because I can, I can keep going pretty much forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
No they would be called racists for their attack on a person of color, and it would be correctly labeled a hate crime.

But if you're white and attacked by a group of persons with a different skin color, everyone tip toes around the fact that such was a hate crime.
Except no, not really, at all. If you really believe that either of those statements are facts give me some evidence.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote