View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 06:19 AM   #8
BourbonBoy

I've always suspected something along those lines myself regarding the backlash. For instance, one of my friends had the modern equivalent of the "shotgun wedding" before her first daughter was born. Even though her parents aren't that religious, the Bible Belt way of thinking came out of them when they found out she was pregnant and unmarried. Unless she married the sperm donor, they were going to completely cut her out of their lives and basically disown her. They would offer zero support, be it financial, personal or basic needs. Funny, considering the fact her mother's on her third marriage and her older sister wasn't given the option when she was impregnated as a teenager by a guy ten years her age.

The funny thing is, it's not uncommon to hear women repeat "the right to life" and "sanctity of marriage" speeches where I live. They will contradict themselves and think that a woman's place is to spit out babies whenever she becomes pregnant and that maybe having a child will teach a woman to keep her legs closed.

I swear, you can't make that shit up.
BourbonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote