Thread: The Tree House
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2014, 12:30 AM   #80
Solumina

See I thought it was going to be a way too hot and humid here for my taste, I mean I hated Summer back home and all of the tropical places I've been were (while stunning and great places to visit) places I would have been miserable living but there is a lightness to the air here that none of them had. I guess a lot of it is the trade winds, they keep the place from getting humid and constantly cool the air.

Personally I'm normally a pretty temperate weather kind of gal, spring and fall in Virginia were kind of perfect, but honestly here is good. We live on the south side of Oahu, right on the coast so it is a little hotter than ideal but very livable, I'd prefer to live a little further inland and in the mountains. It's about 10 degrees cooler in the neighborhood where I want to buy a house and in a couple of months, once everything finally gets sorted (because the Navy is being super shitty at processing people, like shitty even by military standards) we may actually be getting a house there! As a bonus because unless you are in the military everything is along the coast housing is actually cheaper where I want to buy, the downside is that a lot of houses have been owned by young military personnel that knew they wouldn't be there for more than 4 years living in them and who were just happy to get out of barracks so they need serious updating, but we're good diy-ers and being military as long as we provide food we will always have lots of helpers so I think a fixer upper would fine.

Sorry I got off on a little tangent there, kind of excited about the possibility of being a homeowner, anyway my point was to not judge Hawaii by other tropical places.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote